Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Tile, The Tour

Before Tile


After Tile

Today was a delicious day in the Sloan Kitchen.  I finally got the tile laid in there(I still need to grout it, but will get that done tomorrow).   There's only a little bit more to do, but it feels dang good to have that part done.  
Kyle Murphy came over and help me cut the final tiles.  Then Mathew Johnson and Matt Knauer came over to help me build some of our cabinets.  I wish I could have begun cabinet installation tonight, I just simply wasn't able to get the floor in good enough shape for that.


Biggest disappointment of the night...the "Versus" channel wasn't working for the Tour de France.  It was the first stage of the Alps tonight, and people came over to watch.  When they found out our TV wasn't working...they rolled out and went to watch it somewhere else.

I know, I know, I like the Tour.  I like Nascar too.  Shut up.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sucks about the Tour not working at your house. It was a really awesome stage too. Armstrong is diesel.

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

Very, very impressed that you went with laying the tile on a diagonal. Not an easy job but it looks faaaaabulous. Well done, you.

{Yup, add one more reader to your lineup. I'm in :)}

MJG said...

What a bunch of jerks. Who would leave a kitchenless house for a big squishy couch and le Tour? Seriously.

Big said...

Seriously...sell outs.

Lindsay said...

looking good sloan! I am impressed! wish we could help...kinda!
hancocks

Anonymous said...

I love it, Matt! It looks great...can't wait to see it in person.
I'm going to start reading your blog more, too. Don't you worry...I can't let Buffy beat me at everything!
Love you,
Jeannie