Monday, July 13, 2009

Saranac remix





Take notes friends.  It's like beauty in motion.  Look at the balance.
Like the freakin' Tiger Woods of Frisbee Golf.
(P.S. - I had no idea this picture was being taken.  I'm just a natural beast)

Saranac was so great.  There were so many great conversations about what was happening in kids lives, and it was incredible to watch the Spirit of our Lord work in kids lives.

I have to say though, I spent a lot of the end of the week frustrated.  I got mad at the guys for being distracted and joking around when we were trying to talk.  I was irate in fact.  I didn't really let them see it though.  I couldn't figure out why I was so worked up at them.

Truth is, I was pissed at sin.  I was pissed at their sin, and my sin.  I was pissed at how I've seen it take me over and distract me from the Love of God, the ONLY thing that gives me any life at all.  And as I got to sit and talk with some of them, I saw them giving themselves the option of choosing whether or not they wanted to believe that they need Jesus.  
I do it too, what the crap?

I have to trust Him.  He keeps choosing me, and forgiving me.  He has pursued me, and keeps on pursuing me, even when I get caught up pursuing sin and death.  I would say, ESPECIALLY when I pursue sin and death. 

He wants me.  And them.  He's out for our good, and on our side.  
Why do we keep believing He's gonna drop us?  Like it's His fault.

What a great trip for me to be reminded of His love, and to hurt over my own sin, and the sin of others.  What a great God!!  That He should adore a sinner like me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice socks. And good post.