Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Leaving for Crooked Creek


Nostalgia has set in as we depart for my 6th program assignment with Young Life.  For the third time we are heading out to Crooked Creek Ranch.  I'll be joined by Bryan Hancock and Scott Rhoades(a friend from Texas). 

Asher said today, "Daddy, are we going to be crazy Cowboys together?"

Yes son, you better freakin' believe it.

This month my kids will see me as: 
-  Jims Wingo, a professional donkey herder/entertainer
-  Part of an entertainment pair called Rob and Gib(modeled after Rob and Big off of MTV) who are two guys that work at the Fantasy Snacktory.  Basically we rewrite popular R&B songs and turn them into songs about eating snacks.  Yep.
-  Rodl, a magician from Prussia who basically looks like an older, taller, better looking version of Aladdin.  And yes, I can show you the world.

Asher and Lucy have been so pumped to get out to Crooked Creek.  They really come alive out there.  I hope they equate their insane dad's costumes with Jesus.  I don't know how really, but it's what drew me in.  

The kitchen remodel is going on while we're gone.  The drywall comes in the morning, the electrician later this week, then the drywall crew will do their thang.  When we get back, I'll tile the floor...and begin building shelves.  Help me Rhonda.  Help, help me Rhonda.

Will we make it back? Who knows, but it'll be great.  I am 33 with a wife, 2 kids, and a job that lets me put on costumes and sing songs about Milky Way's.  Who could ask for more?
 


2 comments:

robin said...

yay! i love Matt Sloan. wish i could see it all...

Unknown said...

what the keck are you wearing. Please tell me one of your characters does not wear a speedo and an afro.